×

Feathers and Lace - An Outfit Post and Scarlett & Jo for Evans 2-in-1 Peplum Dress Review


Well, the lovely Scarlett & Jo team have done it again with another gorgeous dress, fitted absolutely perfectly for us plus size ladies! I'm sure you'll all know by now how much I love the S&J brand - see this post which includes a video filmed at Plus North why I explain exactly why I love them so much!

As this dress is all black with a lovely lace detail I decided to goth it up a bit with my new petrol feathered clutch bag and a deep plum lipstick & dark green metallic nail varnish (both of which I'll be reviewing later this week).


As I've found with all the other S&J pieces that I have tried on, this beautiful 2-in-1 peplum dress is made from wonderful quality fabric with a good amount of elasticity, but that is heavy enough to hang beautifully and not start to go a bit see through when stretched out. It sits just below the knee so is just the right length for me to not wear with tights - I don't like wearing above the knee dresses or skirts without tights as it makes me feel a bit too exposed. My only very slight criticism of this dress is that the slit at the back of the skirt goes quite high, so I think I'll add a little stitching to make it shorter. 

Here's a photo without any accessories so you can see it in its own glory...


One really clever thing about this style in particular is that the peplum is seamlessly part of the bodice which is actually an entirely seperate overlay, so it doesn't cling to your lumps and bumps and falls nicely over the top of the main under dress.

As with all S&J pieces this dress is superb value for the quality and style that you get, priced at just £45. I'll be wearing it both for nights out and for work as it is so easy to take it into party gear with some glitzy accessories.


2-in-1 Peplum Dress - Scarlett & Jo for Evans *gifted for review*
Glitter & Suede Ankle Boots - Evans
Feather Clutch Bag - Primark
Baroque Style Statement Necklace - Primark


As I love the accessories I've used with this outfit so much I thought I'd show you a few detail shots of them!


I absolutely love petrol black feathers and have been coveting this Biba cape for ages now but never bought it, so when I saw this clutch bag in the Princes Street Primark in Edinburgh I grabbed it straight away! It was only £8 so enabled me to add some Poe style drama to my outfit for a fraction of the £65 price tag of the cape.


Speaking of drama, I love a good statement necklace and this gold number again from Primark caught my eye immediately because of its architectural style. It reminds me of the gorgeous flourish's you see on beautiful baroque palazzos and churches in Italy.

The boots were a birthday present from my MIL - I fell in love with them as soon as I saw them on the Evans website. They're so gorgeous with their suede and glitter contrast and the the stepped detail is fab, I was worried they'd be a little too high for me but there is lots of padding in the sole so they're actually super comfy.

I hope you've all had a lovely weekend, have you bought any pretty new accessories lately?