×

Pink Power! Simply Be Lip Print Skirt - Day Look


Hi guys! Oh boy do I love this outfit! It's offensively pink and kitsch-y and a little vintage-y and basically the kind of outfit I have always dreamed of owning but never found in plus sizes - thank you so much Simply Be for making my fatshion dreams come true!

As soon as I saw the lip print midi skirt I knew I must own it, but I was a lil nervous about how it would fit so didn't order it straight away. Thankfully (and meaningfully I think) my local Simply Be store got it into stock so I got to try it on, suss out the fit and know which size to order - I didn't buy it in store because I had a discount code and there were some other bits I needed to order with it that weren't in store.


The skirt itself is made of lovely thick, stretchy fabric with a slight sheen and it my ideal length - midi so it sits just below the knee. I think this length is feminine and classy and looks great with pretty much any shoe be it heels or flats. It can also be worn high waisted as I have here again giving a girly and 1950's-esque vibe that is oh so flattering to a larger tummy like mine. It's priced at £25 which I think is a steal for such a well made and on trend piece.


I decided to team it here with the cropped pink sweater which I've been eyeing up for some time for a cutesy day look. I think the sweater is over the top adorable and the Barbie lipstick shade of nearly neon pink rocks my socks off and fits this season perfectly, as do the dropped sleeves and slightly dipped hem at the back. I will be wearing this A LOT over the coming months.


When it come to accessories I wore two new necklaces, firstly the long gold geometric cage necklace that I found in New Look and then a pretty plain gold tag style necklace from Top Shop which was an option for my SIL's wedding last weekend that I didn't go with in the end. As for shoes I popped on some patent brogue style slip ones that were a Clothing at Tesco buy a few months ago and the bag I bought from TK Maxx years ago when I was really into rockabilly and kustom kulture.

Keep your eyes peeled for my post on Thursday when I'll be wearing the skirt in a different ensemble for a night out on the town!


Cropped Sweater - Simply Be
Lip Print Skirt - Simply Be
Shoes - Clothing at Tesco (kinda similar)
Bag - TK Maxx (you can get it on eBay here)
Geometric Necklace - New Look (similar)
Plain Tag Necklace - Top Shop (similar)